We are delighted to welcome Mike Kewley to our Workology.im collaboration.
Mike Kewley is a teacher of mindfulness, based on the Isle of Man, where he offers regular courses, workshops, retreats and one-to-one coaching. Mike’s approach to mindfulness is deeply influenced by zen, neuroscience, the wisdom traditions and Shinzen Young’s Unified Mindfulness System.
Mike has worked with thousands of individuals helping them to develop powerful mental health skills, discover unshakable happiness and awaken to their true nature; he is a passionate speaker who has appeared on Conscious TV, given a TEDX talk on Happiness and founded the Mindful Mann Wellbeing Festival. Access Mike’s mindfulness Facebook group for regular updates, posts and videos.
Essential life skills
When we’re mindful, we can reduce stress, enhance performance, gain insight and awareness through observing our own mind, and increase our attention to the wellbeing of others. The practice of present moment awareness can assist in development of positive mental, emotional and physical health – an essential life skill, particularly valuable in our management of the challenges we face in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing world.
In the first study of its kind, researchers at Harvard established scientific evidence that meditation can change the brain’s grey matter. After eight weeks of daily mindfulness practices, MRI scans of participants showed that mindfulness:
- stimulated a significant increase in the density of grey matter in the hippocampus, important for learning and memory
- increased the density of grey matter in other neural structures associated with self-awareness, compassion and introspection
- decreased the density of grey matter in the amygdala – the part of the brain associated with anxiety and stress
Positive mental, emotional & physical health
Mindfulness was also shown to:
- relieve stress, depression and anxiety
- lower blood pressure
- improve chronic pain
- improve sleep
- improve capacity to deal with stress
- improve the ability to form deeper connections with others
Isle of Man access & expertise
We’re delighted to extend the highly respected and renowned support from Mike through our Workology.im collaboration; supporting people when they need it most through the delivery of practical, financial and emotional outplacement solutions, tailored for the Isle of Man.